Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With A Minor Annoyance.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tetsuji

Tetsuji

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

I couldn't figure out where this goes, it being my 1st post and all, but I think I MIGHT be in the right place. If not, please move this thread.
The problem:
I shredded an HTML link shortcut on my desktop. Not 'recycled' but shredded, using a program that deletes said data and fills it's place with random data, and then in turn replaces that with no data.

The problem is the Icon is still there. When I try to hit the delete key on it or manually move it to the recycle bin, it says that the shortcut is not there at all. Anyone know how to get rid of it, because restoring it isn't an option, lol.

My specs:
Type - Laptop
Manufacturer - Acer
Model - Aspire 3690
OS - Windows Vista, 32-bit
Processor - Intel® Celeron® M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz
RAM - 502 MB
HDD - 2, both 40 GB

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the program I used was AbsoluteShield File Shredder.

Edited by Tetsuji, 29 April 2008 - 01:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

Hi Tetsuji.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Stick around and enjoy.

Try this. Click Start>>My Documents. If necessary, click on the FOLDERS button to open up the 'directory tree' in the left hand pane. At the top of this pane you will see DESKTOP. Click on that and find the shortcut which you want to get rid of and try deleting it now.

Let us know how you get on.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users