Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arthra

arthra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

I had just installed avg 8 free edition and got two virus warnings LOP Kriv[1]and,this one, PUP,which said unsafe
HIJACK TOOL AB. I had been reading your topic,and I had downloaded malware bytes,Windows defender,and in the topic
you had suggested downloading combo fix,and the corresponding window's download, I then ran the combofix.and saved the log file (not to post until asked.) I noticed that you had also mentiond a hijack file? but I haven't done anything else.
Funnily enough, when I ran combofix, I went back to the quarantined viruses in avg, had gone.
So where to from here? I would appreciate your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Further, ComboFix logs are not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums.

I went back to the quarantined viruses in avg, had gone.

Please clarify. Are you saying the quarantined files were gone or did you delete them?

Did you rescan with AVG? Is it still finding malware? If you did not rescan, please do so in "Safe Mode" and let us know what was found.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users