Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Deskjet D1300 Series

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

My printer is online, connected with the USB to my computer, and it has full power. Okay the problem is that when I try to get something printed it says in the printing manager box that the page is printing. I wait for 1 full minute, but nothing happens.

Can someone help me fix my printer? It doesn't seem to print anymore, *sigh* -_-'
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

I guessing that you have already done the visual thing and made sure that there aren't any paper jams or unplugged cords. Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors in the USB printing support under the USB controllers?

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager. When you open the Device Manager go down the Universal Serial Bus controllers and click in the box with the + inside it to extend the tree so that you can see the printing support. An error will appear as a red X.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:30 AM

Not at all with a red x. It appears fine.

Posted Image

Here is the Printing Management Box:
Posted Image

Edited by Desert Eagle, 29 April 2008 - 12:33 AM.

Posted Image

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

Did you try clearing the print queue
Don't pay attention the the article's title, but try the 4 fixes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q223020/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

The link you have provided helped a bit, but it wasn't for Windows Vista. Anyways I tried printing a test page and it printed to my surprise I thought it wasn't going to work. I think it's all good. Thanks everyone who helped. =)
Posted Image

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

FWIW, I have an HP All In One Printer. Sometimes I have the same problem with printing.
The first time it happened, I got so disgusted I turned off my computer. When I turned it back on,
the printer kicked in and printed out my pages. What I wanted to print was 2 pages, I ended up with 8 copies of both pages, because it had been in the queue 8 times and I couldn't clear it.
Not exactly the best way to get your printer working, but something you might try if it happens again.
My printer is possessed, sometimes it works right off the bat, other times it won't print until I reboot.

#7 Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

That's the same problem I had Queen!

Is it hardware problems or something?
Posted Image

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

I have no clue what causes it to happen.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

I also have this happen occasionally (printer model doesn't matter)...in each case (for some reason) the printer queue has become clogged and printing does not take place, even though the queue reflects that it's trying to print.

My solution is to delete the items in the queue...or, if that doesn't do it, simply delete the printer and reinstall it (which clears the stuck queue).

Simply reinstalling the printer (without deleting the problematical one) will simply result in alternate printer installs, with one good and one bad.

I suspect this happens when one of the key files gets corrupted.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2008 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users