Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 victor1976

victor1976

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hi, First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time for helping people.
I have a computer Sony Vaio, Windows Vista and Cable Internet (I just bought it and connected it a few months ago), everythings works perfect, but in the last few days there are some webpages that I can not display. I can display most of the pages but there are a few that I can not. As an example we can focus on www.clarin.com (it could be also www.clarin.com.ar). This is what happens:
- IE tries to open the page
- The message of "Waiting for res://ieframe.dll//dnserror.html" appears for a second
- And then the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" appears

These are the things that I have tried:
- I can open the page from other computers so the webpage seems to be working fine
- I tried other browsers and have the same problem
- I have scan my computer for viruses or spyware and seems to be fine
- I have turned the firewall off and still does not work
- I have turned the protected mode for IE off and does not work
- I have turn on my computer in safe mode (f8) and does not work
- I have unistalled all my antivirues and still does not work (of course I reinstalled it)
- I flushed the dns and does not work
- I have a wireless router but I bypassed it and connected my computer to the modem directly with a wire and still does not work

Just as a comment, by the time this started (about a week ago), my subscription for norton antivirus expired and I donwloaded AVG Free Edition (without uninstalling Norton), now I already unistalled Norton.

I have read a lot of things in this page and I have downloaded the software for the hijack log. I have the two txt files ready but I didn't post it here since I am not sure if you want them. Please let me know if you want me to paste them here.

Any suggestion or any thing that I can try will be helpful

Thanks again for taking your time to help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hi victor1976, Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

There are many possible reasons why this is happening, and the contributing factors vary for each computer.

When removing your Norton Antivirus, did you use the SymNRT Removal Tool specific for that product?
Have a look at the topic: How To Remove Your Norton Products.

Then do some troubleshooting, using the KB article You receive an error message in Internet Explorer 7: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

There is a very long thread in the MSDN Forum about Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#.
This seems to be an issue without a real solution.

Hopefully another member will have a suggestion.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users