Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:04 PM
Hi, First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time for helping people.
I have a computer Sony Vaio, Windows Vista and Cable Internet (I just bought it and connected it a few months ago), everythings works perfect, but in the last few days there are some webpages that I can not display. I can display most of the pages but there are a few that I can not. As an example we can focus on www.clarin.com (it could be also www.clarin.com.ar). This is what happens:
- IE tries to open the page
- The message of "Waiting for res://ieframe.dll//dnserror.html" appears for a second
- And then the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" appears
These are the things that I have tried:
- I can open the page from other computers so the webpage seems to be working fine
- I tried other browsers and have the same problem
- I have scan my computer for viruses or spyware and seems to be fine
- I have turned the firewall off and still does not work
- I have turned the protected mode for IE off and does not work
- I have turn on my computer in safe mode (f8) and does not work
- I have unistalled all my antivirues and still does not work (of course I reinstalled it)
- I flushed the dns and does not work
- I have a wireless router but I bypassed it and connected my computer to the modem directly with a wire and still does not work
Just as a comment, by the time this started (about a week ago), my subscription for norton antivirus expired and I donwloaded AVG Free Edition (without uninstalling Norton), now I already unistalled Norton.
I have read a lot of things in this page and I have downloaded the software for the hijack log. I have the two txt files ready but I didn't post it here since I am not sure if you want them. Please let me know if you want me to paste them here.
Any suggestion or any thing that I can try will be helpful
Thanks again for taking your time to help me