Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Boot Computer To Command Prompt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ItzClockwork

ItzClockwork

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:35 PM

I'm trying to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows XP. I'm trying to boot with command prompt but it keeps going to Windows. The problem is I get an error The System Is Not Fully Installed. Please Run Setup Again. Well I'm pushing F8 to reboot with command prompt and it tries to load an incomplete Windows. I tried booting from CD in BIOS and it did the same thing. Now boot from CD is not available. I have boot disk on my flash drive but that doesn't work since it's not available in BIOS

Any Suggestions? Does this make sense to you?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

Why do you want to boot to the command prompt?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

If you CD-ROM isn't the first device in the boot order you will need to go into the BIOS and change that. After that with the CD in the drive the computer should boot from the CD when you restart it. The installation disc will prompt you to partition and format the hdd before installing the OS.

If this doesn't cover what you are trying to do please let us know more specifically what you are trying to do.

If you need a tutorial for installing the OS this one is a good one. The only thing that I don't agree with is the suggestion that you upgrade your BIOS, you should need to do this unless there is a problem with new hardware that it isn't supporting.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users