Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full Screen Problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 golfnut64

golfnut64

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

While watching vidio in full screen a blue screen pops up with a warning witch goes away to soon to read it . The only way to get it back is to shut down the power and restart has anyone seen this before Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. An alternative is to turn off the automatic reboot feature so you can actually see the error code/STOP Message (which is also known as the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)).

To change the recovery settings and Disable Automatic Rebooting, right-click on My Computer and select Properties > Advanced tab. Under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure". Make sure that "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is unchecked. Click "OK" and reboot for the changes to take effect.

This will not cure your problem but instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with information displayed that will allow you to better trace your problem. Next time your computer crashes copy down the entire error message (including all the numbers) and post it back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

This person had a problem with full screen. Here's what solved their problem FYI

"Thanks for your help. I found the solution.

A while back I installed a program called 'Driver Magician" It's suppose to check PC for out dated drivers. Long story short, it installed a utility called SIS VGA utility. I was just going backwards trying to undo anything I may have done, and came upon that. I went to uninstall it, and got an error message that it couldn't uninstall for some reason. When I restarted PC, The resolution had changed. After resetting it to the correct resolution everything seemed to be fine. Go figure! Thanks for your help"
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. An alternative is to turn off the automatic reboot feature so you can actually see the error code/STOP Message (which is also known as the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)).

To change the recovery settings and Disable Automatic Rebooting, right-click on My Computer and select Properties > Advanced tab. Under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure". Make sure that "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is unchecked. Click "OK" and reboot for the changes to take effect.

This will not cure your problem but instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with information displayed that will allow you to better trace your problem. Next time your computer crashes copy down the entire error message (including all the numbers) and post it back here.

I had the BSOD many times before, but now it doesn't appear as often. Can you give us some more information of your computer.
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 golfnut64

golfnut64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

Hi again Not sure about all this info but here it is . Driver_irql_Not_less_or_Equal Check for New Hardware or software Disable Bios memory options such as cashing or shadowing if needed use safe mode to remove or disable components Tech info Stop 0X0000000D1 0XF7C96B88 0XOOOOOOO2 0X00000000 0XF76D5FF4 CW10.SYSTEM-ADDRESS F76DFF4 BASE AT F76D0000 3AD31AAA I did remove some of the shadowing from the system in the advanced system but not sure about the cashing thing ????? Thank

#6 golfnut64

golfnut64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

Info on this computer This is a old laptop IBM A21m I just added 256 to the 128 that was in there when i got it Running windows XP pro Hope this helps Thanks again

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

I've got to ask. Are you sure it's the correct memory? SDRAM, PC133
If possible, go to Device Manager and expand all of the +'s. Look for any yellow exclamation points. That will indicate a problem device. Also look in the Event Viewer and look for errors that happened around the same time as your problem
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#8 golfnut64

golfnut64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

Igot the 256 MB thru crucial & when i put it in everything was much faster 144-pin SODIMM 32MX64 PC133 CL2 In event viewer there are all kinds of errors where do i start Whats the best all around Laptop for the price ,I may start over Thanks

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

How old is the Thinkpad and what OS was originally on it. I had one with 2000 on it and to install XP I had to update the BIOS
Mark
Posted Image

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Stop 0x0D1 errors are most typically caused is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile. Some things you can try:

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols.

Test you RAM using memtest86.

Reset your pagefile. Go to Start...Run...and type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Performance Settings button
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Virtual Memory Change button
Write down all of the settings so that you can restore them later.
Click on each volume (drive) and then click "No paging file" for each one.
Then click on OK to exit the dialogs
Then reboot - it'll be gone then.

To restore it - go back in and re-enter the settings that you removed.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 golfnut64

golfnut64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

Well i did a lot of the things suggested & i dident see the blue screen today The only problem is when watching (The Fan) & go to full screen the picture freezes not sure if that is related to the problem Thanks Much :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users