Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Synctoy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

After all my computer woes of the winter I finally purchased+installed an external hard drive. Someone at another forum helped me download+set up a MS program,SyncToy.

I am having a hard time in even understanding the help section for SyncToy,so I'm coming back here.
I would really like more information about the run results. I've run this program about 3 times now+I always have "errors".
The person who helped me set up SyncToy is busy now with exams+doesn't really have the time to help me further with this.
Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me better understand this program.
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

What are you planning to do with Synctoy. back up files?
http://www.solo-technology.com/
I believe we have a simpler one in our Freeware Applications thread. I'll find it and repost

Here you go
Cobian Backup

Edited by garmanma, 29 April 2008 - 01:56 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

Thanks,Mark,
I was told that SyncToy would be easiest for myself,the novice user, instead of Cobian.
Even the help section at SyncToy seems too "techy" for me. :thumbsup:
I'm really not sure exactly what I'm backing up even! I was told to run MozBackup first, then plug in my external drive+run SyncToy. I don't like all the error messages it gives me in the "run results"

I've been told that it's a good idea to backup my system's info weekly, but I don't fully understand,really.
I don't even understand all the info that pertains to "my documents"....sigh.....

So, I've got something I'm using, but don't know how nor why.

Thanks
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users