Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Of These 2 Monitors Would Be A Good Choice?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ab30494

ab30494

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

im loking for a new monitor im kind of stuck between 2 diff ones

samsung

and

acer

i pretty sure the samsung one is better, better aspec ratio and responce time

what do you think, or what do you recommend, thats close to $300

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

I've got an Acer, not that one, I like it okay i guess but if it wasn't bought out of neccessity i would have chosen a better brand. I can't personally vouch for the samsung, But a guy in my old LOTRO guild bought that monitor you linked and said he loved it, he came up from an old 17" LCD tho, so take it for what you will.

If i was going to buy it i'd go for the samsung

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

Let your eyes be your guide.

Walk into a display room somewhere...take a look at each...get the one you like the most, for whatever reason.

Monitors are the one computer part where I believe it pays to buy locally, rather than online (freight, returns, chance to view).

Louis

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

I agree with hamluis

Go to a local retailer showroom. View manufacturers and models at a working distance. Let your eyes guide you.

(Aside: I have had two Samsungs 940BW for about three years with no problems. Best view for my eyes.)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

I third that advice.
A monitor,like a mouse, is a very personal matter of preference, and you use both all the time. Your eyes and your hand should have the opportunity to help make the comparison. And if at all possible, ask the salesman to change the pretty picture of the roses on all the different screens to something you will be actually looking at on your own computer; how does a spreadsheet look, or how does a webpage look?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 ab30494

ab30494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I just went and checked it out in person, and a few other ones, i like it, ill probably get it. Ill still look around better.

When i decide to get it ill still get it at newegg.com, cause its cheaper there, and dont have to pay any sales tax, shipping is less than what the sales tax would be .

Edited by ab30494, 28 April 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#7 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

I got an acer 22" also except i got this model below. I really like it acer is puting out a good product.

Acer 22
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users