Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I Delete These Files?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I delete these files? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I delete these files?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

I tried that Chkdsk and nothing came up. Well this is what I get at the end of my avast search:

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT6.temp\mrt.exe CAB archive currupted
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT6.temp\_sfx_0000._p CAB archive currupted
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT6.temp\_sfx_0001._p Reached end of file
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT4D.temp\_sfx_0007._p CAB archive currupted
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT4D.temp\_sfx_0010._p Reached end of file

C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.chm\msoe.hhk CHM archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.chm\#WINDOWS CHM archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.chm CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.hlp CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe50.inf CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.txt CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\aleabanr.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\amaizrul.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\anabnr2.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\aswrule.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\blank.htm CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\blankbkg.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\btzhsepa.gif CAB archive currupted

What do you think?

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

In my opinion, I don't think you should conduct a poll in order to decide deleting or not deleting any files.

The best thing is to find out what these files are (from someone who knows), and then see whether you need to delete or not.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

TEMPFILE are just temporary files. You can delete those. Did you write that list out or copy/paste? I'm just wondering if it was you that misspelled "corrupted" . Misspelled words in error messages are a clue that something could be amiss
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

I already posted before and they had me run sfc /scannow and chkdsk this brought back no results of curruption. I also tried to google them and didnt recover really anything. This also lead them to beleive they are not required as they are temp files. And that I should delete them. I am going to make a backup of my reg if I do before I delete them. I just wanted to try to mabye get some more input before I deleted them. So if anyone has any info on them it will be apprecaited.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#5 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

I typed them. So I can delete them?

swaMprUnner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users