Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mpeg 4 To Avi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hi all,
I bought my daughter an LG MP3 player http://au.lge.com/products/model/detail/au...r_fm374gb.jhtml
and we have some small avi files which we need to convert to Mpeg4 files. Is there any free software that will do this as I have tried some freeware which has been difficult to use.
Any free recommendations that fellow members have used before would be nice.

Thanks Monty007
MCP
MSDST

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

Hi Monty007

I haven't used this a lot, but it seems to do what it promises.

[SUPER IS UNIVERSAL as it supports a wide variety of input/source file format to play
or encode (to & from) without any additional third party software.
Supported input source file formats are:
- Image Sequence: jpg, pgm, png, ppm (ONLY with sequentially numbered filenames)
having the same filename numbered format. Example: 0001.jpg --up to--> 0999.jpg
- Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson), amv, asf, avi(DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4...), dat,
fli, flc, flv, m2t, mkv, mpg(MPEG-I,MPEG-II,VCD,SVCD), mov(H263,H264,MPEG4,SVQ..), mp4(H263,H264,MPEG4..), nsv, ogg,
qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str(Old Play Station), swf(Flash), ts(HDTV), viv, vob, wmv
- Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, mmf, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma
- AviSynth Script Files: avs. Let you specify advanced encoding commands using AviSynth scripts!
SUPER supports the conversion (encoding both ways, to & from ) of ALL the listed formats.]

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Cheers

#3 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

Hi Monty007

I haven't used this a lot, but it seems to do what it promises.

[SUPER IS UNIVERSAL as it supports a wide variety of input/source file format to play
or encode (to & from) without any additional third party software.
Supported input source file formats are:
- Image Sequence: jpg, pgm, png, ppm (ONLY with sequentially numbered filenames)
having the same filename numbered format. Example: 0001.jpg --up to--> 0999.jpg
- Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson), amv, asf, avi(DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4...), dat,
fli, flc, flv, m2t, mkv, mpg(MPEG-I,MPEG-II,VCD,SVCD), mov(H263,H264,MPEG4,SVQ..), mp4(H263,H264,MPEG4..), nsv, ogg,
qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str(Old Play Station), swf(Flash), ts(HDTV), viv, vob, wmv
- Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, mmf, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma
- AviSynth Script Files: avs. Let you specify advanced encoding commands using AviSynth scripts!
SUPER supports the conversion (encoding both ways, to & from ) of ALL the listed formats.]

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Cheers

I second rowal's choice, I use it myself :thumbsup:
If you found it a bit too complicated you can also try the open source Mediacoder. I heard it's very simple, a beginner can do it, plus you get free community support (unlike SUPER).
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#4 Monty007

Monty007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:19 AM

Thanks Rowal & skyfuser! I will be good with this one.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users