Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Internet Explorer ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CeliB

CeliB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:27 AM

I am still having loging problem with certain websites on IE. I downloaded Frefox and everything seems to work fine. However I was thinking that I could remove and reinstall IE to fix the problems with the browser since I have no clue what wrong with it. Is this possible? It's not even listed in the add/remove programs on my computer. Will I be able to properly reinstall it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:37 AM

Unfornatuely with Microsoft Windows you can't delete IE, trust me I've tried its impossible, unless you want to mess up windows really bad. Windows has IE bundeled so if IE fails so does Windows. So just delete all the shortcuts to it, and change the deafult browser. :thumbsup: That's what I do.

#3 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

It might help if you descibed the problems you are having with IE in more detail.
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:48 AM

Plus it is neccessary to have IE Explorer to be able to recieve the Windows updates.

It is not listed in Add/Remove? That is strange. What did you do?

There are ways of taking care of any problems that you are having.

Info. and link to your (his) other post. Which is related to this situation. :thumbsup:

Hi All,

This is my first post! This website helped me get rid of the HomeSearch virus and I'm hoping you can help with this issue.

I had the HomeSearch virus and finally used info from the website to get rid of it. However, since then I have had problems logging in to certain sites like hotmail. I'll login and it will got to a blank page. I'll have to use the back browser to reclick the hotmail link to get to my account. I've also had this problem with blockbuster.com it says I'm not logged in but if I go back and click on any link to my account I can access it. There are also a few websites, probably with higher security that just don't work. I have checked my security settings as well as my antvirus firewall etc. Could there be a problem I'm overlooking, another virus, or did I delete something and not replace it? Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t=0&#entry80068

BTW CeliB. Grinler has posted a reply.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users