Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secondary Hard Disk Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NANCYB403

NANCYB403

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'm running XP Professional. when I start my computer I get this black screeen that says
"Secondary Hard Disk Drive 0 not found"
"strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility"
I just hit F1, but I really should find out whats wrong and how to fix it. can any one help?
I hit F2 once, but quickly left cuz I thought i might screw something up :thumbsup:
I appreciate your help, thanx in advance

Nanc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

IMO, first step is check all connections to the drive...they can become loosened.

If the drive is not one recently added to the system, it's likely the connections are loose...or one of the cables is bad...or the drive is going bad.

The reason that you are given the option of going into the BIOS/Setup...is to check that the drive is properly detected in the BIOS. Some BIOSes do auto-detection of existing drives, some offer manual-detection alternatives. In any case, the Setup option provides an opportunity to check the drive's status in the BIOS/CMOS settings.

Howstuffworks How BIOS Works - http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios.htm/printable

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users