Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is My Video Card Messed Up?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chris6690

chris6690

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

So i turned my computer on after about a week or so of it being off to find that i have discolored pixels all over the screen, not a lots but its noticeable. i also tried to play a game and the screen is flashing and clearly struggling to display graphics. This has never happened before. Recently we had a power surge and a power outage so maybe something happened even tho it was off. i have an Nvidia GeForce 7900 gt/gto. its about 1 1/2 years old at this point. is there some program i can use to check for problems? i have already tried updated drivers (there are none).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

I would remove the current drivers...and then reinstall them. The power surge or anything else...could have damaged your drivers, if not the card/chipset itself.

Louis

#3 chris6690

chris6690
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

i haven't tried that yet but how do i tell if it is my video card and not my motherboard? or something else?

#4 redrumer

redrumer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

i haven't tried that yet but how do i tell if it is my video card and not my motherboard? or something else?

If you start the computer without the card and it still does it, it's obviously not the card. If it's not the Video Card you should take out cards one by one and see if it gets better. If you remove one and it works perfectly it's obvious that the card you took out is toast. If you are still having problems, it's the motherboard. More than likely the Internal Video Card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users