Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add And Remove

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wired691

wired691

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

This morning i decided to remove some programes that i do not use, problem is when i open add/remove programes it is not giving me the option to remove the icon is not there?? any idear thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

hello and welcome to BC.
Can you give us some more information on your computer and what is the program that you are trying to remove?

regards

extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 wired691

wired691
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

It's a dell 5150 running xp media 2.8ghz 2.0g ram worked fine last time i used it.

#4 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ya what is the program and do you mean you cant see the program at all in the add/remove. Or you can see it and that you just dont have the option to remove it.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

Navigate to Program Files, open the folder for the program. Root around and see if it has an uninstaller.
If it does, use it.

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hi, ya like what queen-evie said try doing that.
If that still doesn't work you might want to remove it maually.
Follow these steps:
  • Click Start, then click on Run and type regedit in the Open.
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
  • Right click on the the Uninstall key and select the Export option. This will create a backup for you, incase anything goes wrong.
  • A box should open, save the backup file anywhere you like perferably your desktop
  • After your backup is created look for the program you are trying to remove
  • right-click on it and press delete
  • If something is wrong you can just double click the backup and it will restore the program you deleted
Remeber you MUST create the Backup file before editing anything to the Registry.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Edited by extremeboy, 27 April 2008 - 06:59 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#7 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

I was reading the Tweak Guide and it gives you a tool to backup the whole reg if you want.
Erunt
But it also says when you install it to answer no to put into startup folder.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users