Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Anti Spam Nis 2007

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daytonasteve

daytonasteve

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

I'm installing a new hard drive on my PC and doing a clean install of XP. I use Norton internet security 2007 with their anti spam. I'd like to transfer my blocked list and approved list over so I don't need to retrain the thing. Norton says that's not possible. I can't beleive this stuff isn't stored in some log file. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

I'm installing a new hard drive on my PC and doing a clean install of XP. I use Norton internet security 2007 with their anti spam. I'd like to transfer my blocked list and approved list over so I don't need to retrain the thing. Norton says that's not possible. I can't beleive this stuff isn't stored in some log file. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Hi daytonasteve,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your question.

As long as you backup the address book for your email client and import it into your email client, prior to reinstalling the Norton Add-On Pack, you will get the opportunity to import your address book into the Allow list. The black list and rules you have set up will need to be recreated when you configure the new installation of the Norton Add-On Pack.

Thank you,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users