Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helen43

Helen43

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:49 AM

Hi just introducing myself! I am a divorced mum of two boys aged 11 and 13 and they seem to have the knack of getting all sorts of nasty things on the computer, culminating on Thursday (my birthday) when my older son, who was at home due to the teachers strike, went onto an "adult" site and the computer was infected with zlob and smitfraud. Spent most of the day sorting it. I am not particularly techie and but find these forums very useful for computer problems. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hi Helen43 Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

Check out the New User Orientation forum. It will make you familiar with how things work around here :flowers:

Don't be afraid to ask questiosn here either! This forum is filled with knowledgable peopel and I can guarintee someone would be glad to help you if you need it :trumpet:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:38 AM

Sounds to me that a home-study course for your sons on computer safety is in order - - - so you won't have to spend your birthday getting rid of malware.
You will find many pinned topics here on basic computer security that you can print out and review with them.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users