Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:52 PM
I have Microsoft Publisher installed a machine that was gifted to me and have used it regularly. Just this evening, like every other time, I clicked on the taskbar shortcut; however, this time Windows Installer came up telling me it was preparing to install. This also happened when I tried clicking on the icon in the Start Menu.
A Microsoft Office XP Small Business dialog box came up stating:
'The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.
Insert the Microsoft Office XP Small Business disk and click OK.
Microsoft Office XP Small Business.'
1. I have Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers,
2. Publisher is already installed (I have used it in the past),
3. Publisher properties for the shortcut show a target of:
Microsoft Office XP Small Business (greyed out),
4. I found the actual .exe file and was able to bring up Publisher,
5. I was able to create a working shortcut from the actual .exe file and place it in
So, my questions:
1. How do I get a working icon in the Start Menu?
2. Why would it stop working to begin with?