Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton V Kaspersky V Avg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 El Diablo

El Diablo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:55 AM

Having spoken to a couple of people regarding anti-virus products, I just wondered what people on this site think of these products.

I realise that there may be a page similar to this. If so, I therefore apologise.

However, the people that I have spoken to, seen to prefare the Kaspersky product over Norton.
In your opinions, which is the better product to use?

Oh and lastly (and I know this may be the wrong page), but my computer runs slow, especially the internet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Hey El Diablo! :welcome

Okay, Norton is a horrible program. It once was excellent but its really just a resource hog. The detection isn't bad though but I don't recommend Norton. And it is very difficult to remove >.>

Kaspersky has great detection, and isn't really heavy on system resources. If you want to go for a paid AV I'd recommend Kaspersky to anyone :thumbup:

AVG.. I don't like that program very much. There are much better freeware alternatives like Avast Free and Antivir Free

Different people have different needs. AVG might be the protection for you or might not be. Same with other programs. Give some a try though. Bearing in mind only one AV should be used at a time of course :thumbsup:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

I agree with TZ. I plan to switch to something else when my subscription runs out.

Edited by Bartster, 27 April 2008 - 08:15 AM.

#4 irishman76

irishman76

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:19 AM

Kaspersky is what I would have to go with, Norton is a resource hog and AVG detection leaves a lot to be desired.

#5 pianoman36

pianoman36

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

Has anyone ever used "exterimate it". It is a paid anti-virus program.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

Out of the choices I would pick Kaspersky, however I would choose Antivir.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users