Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"msconfig" Trying To Set To Normal Startup But Reverts Back To Selective Startup...help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 1waykid

1waykid

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

Trying to find help in resolving my problem. I have vista operating system 32 bit trying to reset my msconfig back to "Normal Startup". Everytime I click on "Normal Startup" and click on apply, it reverts back to "selective Startup". This happens even though I click on "Normal Startup", click OK and reboot. I can't seem to change the setting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hello 1waykid.

You probably need to clear all the options in the Advanced Troubleshooting Settings box.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 1waykid

1waykid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

Hey Panda!

where do I find advance trouble shooting setting? Thanks in advance!

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hello.

Ug.. sorry I got the operating systems confused :huh: . Maybe someone else could help you.

#5 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

Try this:

Go to MSCONFIG, click BOOT tab, if any boxes are checked uncheck them, click APPLY then OK, restart computer

See if that fixes it.

Also, when you select normal startup are you clicking APPLY then OK?

Edited by Bartster, 26 April 2008 - 07:02 PM.

#6 1waykid

1waykid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:17 AM

Try this:

Go to MSCONFIG, click BOOT tab, if any boxes are checked uncheck them, click APPLY then OK, restart computer

See if that fixes it.

Also, when you select normal startup are you clicking APPLY then OK?

Bartster,

When I select normal startup, I do click apply and ok, then reboot, but still the same. It reverts back to selective startup. I will try your suggestion about boot tab tomorrow morning and I will update you. Thanks!!!

#7 1waykid

1waykid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hello Fellow cyber friends!

I finally got this problem solved and thought of sharing it with you guys or whoever is having the same problem. Believe it or not, whats causing this problem is my internet security system, Bitdefender in my case, I started playing and clicking my internet security and that did the job, I was able again to reset my msconfig back to "Normal Startup"....live and learn!

1waykid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users