Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.lnk Appeared On All Desktop Icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Premnas

Premnas

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Wed. the 23rd .lnk showed up on all desktop icons. Further review showed the same on all programs in start menu. Did start>search and typed .lnk, 365 items came up. Had a nasty infection a month or so ago identified as Crushpy P, was forced to do a pc restore to kill it. This new one has now hijacked my homepage and will not allow me to type anything in safe mode, ie., run or search. Tried Trend Micro on-line scanner, keeps kicking me off the net. Tried Kaspersky online scanner, site just froze. Tried pc restore, cannot restore shows. System is Dell 2400, Windows xp sp2. I was able to download HJT from Trend Micro, just can't get the scan. I'm running Spybot, spyeraser,AVG 8.0, none can find anything, suggestions would be helpful, on a personal note, if I had a boat, this 1200 dollar anchor on my desk would have use.

Edited by jgweed, 26 April 2008 - 03:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

See if one of these helps:
Can't Access Secure Sites, Browser won't connect
Broken EXE Association
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Premnas

Premnas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Sorry about the double post, my goofy German Shepherd was trying to help. I tried your suggestions to no avail. Trend Micro starts to scan but I still get kicked out and the window closes, still can't get homepage up. I get " can't navigate to site". The web address is in my favorites and I can get to it that way. Haven't tried Kaspersky yet. Thanks for the assist, gotta go, the grills fired up, having BBQ Dell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users