Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspious Jpg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Honorshammer

Honorshammer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

I found a suspious JPG on my computer. I lack the skills to look at the file and see if it's using an exploit. Do you have a way to submit the file or use some sort of tool to see if the file is legit or an exploit?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

What makes it suspicious? Where is it located on your computer? Name of file?

You can scan the file by right clicking the file. In the menu, look for scan with (the name of your antivirus). Click on Scan With, your AV will then scan just that file. If you see any options to scan with malware scanners (Superantispyware, Spybot, etc) scan with it also.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 April 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#3 Honorshammer

Honorshammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

It was in my WoW\Interface\Addons\Healbot directory. It has nothing to do with Healbot.

I've been told any jpg, com, bat, html, or scr file in my Addons directory could be a source of getting a keylogger or virus on my system. I recently had my account hacked, but I have not been able to identify the malware that gave away my password.

I scanned it with Norton and it came up clean.

Edited by Honorshammer, 26 April 2008 - 06:53 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

The best thing for you to do is post
HERE: Am I infected? What do I do?

Please provide as many details as possible about the issue, this will enable someone to give you specific advice concerning your issue. (You previously posted about this same issue-that topic was closed because you formatted your drive. Please mention your previous infection when you post in Am I Infected?.)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 April 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

Closed due to repost in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.
Link to new topic:
Suspious Jpg, Did I get a bug?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users