Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scup

Scup

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

About a week ago I tried to install ubuntu on my external hard drive (bad idea) and accidentally installed the GRUB on my internal hard drive. During this it partitioned part of my 320gb ex. HDD so now I have 180gb free space left and around 170 unallocated space. I was just wondering if there was a way to merge or delete the partition so I'd get the full space back without formatting? I have Partition Magic I've played around with that and by the looks of it the only way is to delete both partitions off my ex HDD then make a new one.

Thanks

Andy.

Edited by Scup, 26 April 2008 - 10:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

Partition Magic will do it. I'm just not that familiar with it. I use something else. My question is why do you want a single 320g partition?
http://partition.radified.com/partition stratagies
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Scup

Scup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

I just use it for storage of music and movies, I have used 70gb or something already. I've tried to create a partition with the unallocated space, I made it drive G but it doesn't show up I am making it FAT32.

PROBLEM SOLVED
I managed to mess around with partition magic to make the drive G appear.
Thanks for the help.

Edited by Scup, 26 April 2008 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users