Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wallpaper Says: Warning Spyware Has Been Detected On Your Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djuice

djuice

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

In addition to the wallpaper, when I hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, task manager is grayed out, so I cannot see what processes are running. I am running Avast! full system scan now.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 djuice

djuice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

O.K. I'm running XP Pro Service pack 2, I ran Avast! and it was really slow. It found 18 problems and deleted them. In the meantime Windows Security popped up and it said the problem was 180 solutions. On the taskbar and ! pops up and says my computer is not protected against spyware. I still cannot click on task manager. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

I guess you are aware you do still have an active log on this forum aleit a wee bit old?
IS it the same computer ?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91666/a-lot-of-adware/

#4 djuice

djuice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

Oh my God. I thought after my last post it was closed out. How do I close that thread? It is the same computer, but this time I wasn't on the website looking to draw Star Wars characters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users