Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Error On Startup

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sephsmokey

sephsmokey

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:56 AM

so im getting a blue screen , Stop 0x00000050, i had just installed AMD dual core optimizer and restarted my machine, and now i cant boot into windows normally, i can only operate in safemode.

any thoughts as to how i can fix this?

thx in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

It runs in safemode probably because the optimizer isn't loading in safemode. Try uninstalling it while still in safemode and see if that solves the problem
Some discussion about it here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 sephsmokey

sephsmokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

im unable to remove it from the add remove programs window, i deleted the .exe from the directory it installed to but im still crashing.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Use the search function and locate the folder. If you deleted the .exe you might have to redownload it. When you find the program folder, open it up and look for an uninstaller file
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 sephsmokey

sephsmokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

the directory it was installed to only contained the .exe (when i tried running the program nothing would happen) a readme and a licence agreement, no uninstaller.

also im unable to reinstall the program as i cant use the installation wizard in safemode

(edit) isnt there a utility or program that allows the user to setup the processes for when windows boots up? i know i used one when i was dealing with some spyware problems, i probly still have it installed i just cant remember the name of it or where to look for it.

Edited by sephsmokey, 26 April 2008 - 04:41 PM.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

Not sure if this is what you're talking about
Autoruns
Mark
Posted Image

#7 sephsmokey

sephsmokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

yeah thats what i was looking for, unfortunately it hasnt helped me any... still getting this damn BSOD... i cant even get to the login screen, windows starts loading up and before i get to the login screen BAM BSOD...

#8 sephsmokey

sephsmokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:22 AM

well i decided to just format and reinstall, luckily i saved all the important stuff since i was able to get in through safe mode. it'll take me a few days to get everything reinstalled and back to normal, but ive had some nasty spyware infections in the past so ive been meaning to do it for a while, just needed a reason.

kinda nice starting over from a clean slate :thumbsup:

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Sometimes it's the best thing to do. Good luck
Mark
Posted Image

#10 Booman

Booman

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

I had recently repaired this blue screen. It had an error that said cant load boot volume. To fix this you need the OS restore disc and hitting the repair command and it loads. It will give you input menu. Type FIXBOOT and it will fix the master boot sector.

Maybe that might work.

Edited by Booman, 27 April 2008 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users