Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Freezes When Moving And Deleting Files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 godzilla15

godzilla15

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

I have had this problem for a while but I have just ignored, but now that I am moving around a lot of files it is getting very annoying.

The problem: I am running windows vista 32 bit on a dell inspirion 531. When I try to move or delete files in windows explorer the screen that pops up to show the progress freezes. The file is moved or deleted successfully but the pop up remains. I can then cancel the pop up but the cancel screen also remains. I have to open up task manager to close windows explorer. This problem happens in spurts, sometimes all files do this and sometimes no files do this but it is always all of them or none of them.

This problem first presented itself a couple of months ago so I have no idea what the last piece of software was installed.
I believe I am up to date on all windows updates, including service pack 1, this problem came before service pack 1 was installed.
Is this a common problem with Vista?
I will be happy to provide anymore information that is needed.
thanks in advance for all of the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users