Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thorhammer

thorhammer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

I started receiving this problem last night. If I open an IE window (I have IE6, not 7) and then I click on a photo or anything that opens another IE window..once I click close of the "X" to close the window, I get the infamous error message
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."
So that window will close and the one before it. I have run all the security updates for IE so not sure what the problemis.

I did install a new printer software last night, but I did this on another laptop and I do not have this issue.Any ideas anyone?

HELP!!!!

{Mod Edit: Moved to more appropriate forum ~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 25 April 2008 - 10:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

Was it:
iexplore.exe - Application Error
the instrunction at "0x0178137b" refrenced memory at "0x0178137b". The memory could not be "read". Click okay to terminate the program?

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#3 thorhammer

thorhammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:06 PM

No, this error is the one that pops up in its own little "window" , nothing that gives any numbers related to the error,
just that an error has occurred the window will close and if I want to send the message to Microsoft

#4 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

My computer was doing the same thing, but it was every so often and I was getting the the message I posted. I kept reciveing updates and it doesnt seem to do it anymore to my knowledge. I wish I could help you out some more. I switched to firefox. I think it is way better in my opinon but even if you do switch I would still try to figure out what is going on. I will try looking around for you some more. If you do figure it out before I do please post your results.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#5 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

You can check this site out it looks like it could help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293623

swaMprUnner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users