Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Files From One Account To Another

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

I set up a personal account on my computer and a business one. I have hundreds of personal pictures in a folder on my main business user and want to transfer them to my personal. Can someone tell me how to do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

This is very easy. On your personal account, go to (assuming this is correct on your PC) C:\Documents and Settings\<buisness account username>

and then you will see folders such as <username>'s Documents and Desktop. You can browse in this window to where the pictures are (probably My Pictures?) and select the one's you want and copy them/move them to the personal account's Desktop or My Pictures folder.

If you get Access Denied errors, then you could put the pictures on an external hard drive or a flash drive and move them that way.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

This is very easy. On your personal account, go to (assuming this is correct on your PC) C:\Documents and Settings\<buisness account username>

and then you will see folders such as <username>'s Documents and Desktop. You can browse in this window to where the pictures are (probably My Pictures?) and select the one's you want and copy them/move them to the personal account's Desktop or My Pictures folder.

If you get Access Denied errors, then you could put the pictures on an external hard drive or a flash drive and move them that way.

Thank you! The first option worked like a charm. Now, how can I share things on my other login like my itunes from my main account?

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hello Chugg.

Apple has just the answer you need HERE. Be sure to follow the instructions for Windows.

Same concept can be applied for any other files you wish to share. Simply put them into a public folder like Shared Documents.

With Regards,
The Panda

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

Hello Chugg.

Apple has just the answer you need HERE. Be sure to follow the instructions for Windows.

Same concept can be applied for any other files you wish to share. Simply put them into a public folder like Shared Documents.

With Regards,
The Panda

Ok this link looks like what I want. But where is my shared folder that I can do this? I am a bit lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users