Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hook up problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wormdunker69

wormdunker69

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:50 PM

First, I am on a wireless set up. Two computers together. OK, problem is...Two computers and only one printer. What do I have to do to get the second one tied into the printer? Thanks in advance for your help. Bill

MOD EDIT: I'm moving your post to the appropriate forum, where it will get the attention it deserves.

Edited by tg1911, 26 March 2005 - 05:05 PM.

Wunce eye cud knot spell feesherman, know eye R 1!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:00 PM

Hi :thumbsup:
If you want to leave it hooked to a present computer. Enable printer sharing. Which is done by running the Network Setup Wizard. If you are networked all ready that should be done. If not run the NSW. Then go to the printer you wish to share and right click it. Then left click sharing and set the permission to share.
If you want to have the printer where both computers don't have to be on. Buy a printer server. About $20 used on ebay or $40 and up new at a store. I perfer a printer server. Less problems and if the computer is down for what ever reason the printer is still accessible. Try PriceWatch. Good luck

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 wormdunker69

wormdunker69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:40 AM

:thumbsup: I ran the program you suggested and it did not help. Guess thast I will have to go the other way that you suggested. Thanks for the info. Bill :flowers:
Wunce eye cud knot spell feesherman, know eye R 1!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users