Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Question?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hello all,

I am new at fire fox, I just got it and I am trying to run through it all. I was using IE6, well my question is in IE6 I would click tools at the top of the browser and then options and would get a screen where I could delete all history temp files and offline temp files and cookies. Now in fire fox I went to tool then options then privacy, private data and then settings. Now if all these are selected would this wipe out all trace of me on the net. When I get offline I like everything off my computer? Please help me out.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

If you click on the "settings" tab to the right of the Private data area, you can choose what kinds of files it will delete (either manually or automatically after closing Ff); this should eliminate the same kinds of files that IE deleted.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

Thank you thats what I need to know.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users