Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie Intro And 2 Reasons To Join

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcdbagds

mcdbagds

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

I work as primary technical support for an education company with 30 locations in the US.

I currently have an out of date BBS with very little documentation that has become so klugy and so many members that everybody finds it difficult to use, so I am curious how IP board works and can be managed.

I also support our students, faculty and corporate staff with individual issues that brought me to this board.

One such support call had downloaded a Zlob virus, used Norton to quarantine it, but is having issues with the toolbars not functioning in Excel and other Office 2003 applications.

My first inclination is to have him reinstall the applications, but if there is a quick fix out there, i would appreciate any help.

Thanks for replying to either topic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

You are asking for help in two separate areas: IPB boards and computer infections.
You will receive faster and more complete help and answers if you split the topic up and post each in the appropriate forums. Start in the AM I INFECTED Forum for help with ZLOB virus, and Web Site Development for IPB questions.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 mcdbagds

mcdbagds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Thanks, Will do.

Edited by jgweed, 25 April 2008 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users