Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon Pixma600r Wireless Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oblomov1

oblomov1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:00 AM

Just bought the above piece of kit and want to put this huge lump in an appropriately out of the way place in the room, and connect wirelessly. My computer o/s is Windows XP professional with Zone Alarm Pro as my firewall. I have a wired router and connect to my laptop (Vista :huh: ) via Homeplug (or I will when the eventual much delayed next product delivery arrives from China :huh: )

I want to connect the Canon printer wirelessly but during set up I'm prompted to connect my computer to my (non existent) wireless router. I have a Belkin Wireless G USB adapter attached to the computer, but this won't recognise the printer (despite assurances from PC World that it would when I bought it). Why does than not surprise me?

At the moment I'm making do with a USB connection to the printer, but running an extended USB cable around the furniture to connect to the printer on the other side of the room (eventually) would seem to defeat the object of wireless connectivity.

Haven't even got as far as trying to connect to the printer via my laptop. One problem at a time. :thumbsup:

I've been down the Canon technical support route and its pathetic. The online form won't work and telephone support appear to have no idea except to repeatedly tell me I need to connect directly to my computer wirelessly via Bluetooth?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Eric

Edited by oblomov1, 25 April 2008 - 06:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

Maybe I'm missing something when I' reading the specifications:
Standard interface - USB
Optional - Bluetooth (wireless)
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...delTechSpecsAct
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users