Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safari 3 Problem: Can't Access My Bigpond

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

hi guys, i can't access MY BIGPOND with Safari 3 yet i can with Internet Explorer and Firefox.

i go to this page: http://www.bigpond.com/internet/mybigpond/

then enter details then i receive this:

"The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page address is incorrect.
Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, check that it is entered correctly.
Open the www.bigpond.com home page and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:
Microsoft Support"

i've tried the report bugs to apple a couple of months ago and still nothing.

this would be the worst thing about Safari, what the hell will i do when i get a Mac?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

If this has worked before, try Edit > Reset Safari or maybe uncheck Private Browsing. Other things to try >> Big Pond Answer Library. Instuctions are for Mac, so for Windows click Edit > Preferences & click appropriate tab.

this would be the worst thing about Safari, what the hell will i do when i get a Mac?

There seems to be a discussion about BigPond & Apple users here >> Discriminating against Apple users! so it may not be a bad idea to ring them up & see if it might also apply for Safari on Windows.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:37 AM

well i tried something out and if i go to this address http://www.bigpond.com/internet/mybigpond/ and click on Go which is sort if hidden under where you type in email adress, anyway if i click GO without entering anything, i get this page https://www.bigpond.com/mybigpond/bigpondlo...BPCUSTLOGIN%3dY

then enter email address and password i get into it, very stupid but maybe i can get into contact with Telstra and Maybe Apple on this one.

i'm using Safari on windows vista right now, i'm hoping to get a Mac in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Izzy, 25 April 2008 - 02:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users