Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

Hi-
How can I make a playlist in windows media player and then transfer it to my desktop. I need to do this because I would like to then transfer my music on to my ipod. No I dont use itunes.

Thank you for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:57 PM

If you are willing to pay for it you might think about trialing XPlay 3. Otherwise, by default WMP, as you probably already know, does not sync with an iPod. Since you don't use iTunes, you could use Yamipod or Winamp which are free. If you don't like the built in plugin in Winamp, see here. BTW: playlists in WMP are technically links back to files on your computer so if you need to know where, right click on a song & choose Open File Location.

Related articles :

iPod w/Windows Media Player

Ask Jake

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

I already know about Winamp and yamipod and I know that you can transfer songs from WMP to your IPOD, but I need help getting music from WMP and placing it in a playlist and sending it to the desktop. From the desktop I can upload the playlist to one of those programs. I would like to know if that would be possible because I have a lot of music in my WMP library. Its not that I dont like to use itunes its that my ipod stopped working with itunes, but that was a long time ago and another issue.

Thank you for your time-

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:07 PM

Follow the steps at either of the links below (screenshots included) with the difference that at the last step, when you click on Save Playlist As & the window pops up, click on Desktop to save it there. Do realize that the Save Playlist As window will pop up if you click on the title of your playlist.

Create a Playlist With WMP

Create Your Own Customized Playlist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users