Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recent Crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lma0nade

lma0nade

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hi all,

My computer has recently crashed on startup, and was opened up in the "F8" mode (the mode where it gives you the option to boot in safe mode or start windows normally etc..) and the only recent software change I have was my dad's friend recently fixed my printer without the drivers and when he fixed it, a countdown window came up stating that computer is going to crash/restart in 60 seconds. He later fixed this problem but that is the only thing i can think of that might of caused this crash at startup. This may not be a big problem but I would like it to be solved so i can fix the problem now. I'm not very good with computers so explain how to fix my problem step by step please.

Here are my spec:
HP Pavilion a1330n
MS XP SP2
Intel Pentium processor 2.8 GHz
1 GIG RAM
Geforce 8600 GT

Thanks in advance.

Edited by lma0nade, 24 April 2008 - 01:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hello.

Is the message more like "Warning, something has been stopped or couldn't start and Windows needs to shutdown" and shows a countdown? If you are the Admin, you can stop the shutdown my typing shutdown -a into your run box.

Anyways, you will need to look in the event viewer to find the error that is causing the crash. You can see a guide HERE.

My computer has recently crashed on startup, and was opened up in the "F8" mode (the mode where it gives you the option to boot in safe mode or start windows normally etc..)

I'm not sure what you are trying to relate here... could you explain more clearly what it had to do with the crash?

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 lma0nade

lma0nade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hi Panda, and thank you for replying so quickly.

Yes, that was the message. What I meant was that when my computer crashed and it booted up; it booted up into the black window that opens up when you press "F8". The window that states "Safe Mode with Networking" "Run windows normally" "Safe Mode without Networking".

I only found errors in Security for April 24th around the time of my crash.

This is for Security
I found 3 around the time my computer crashed
----------------------------------------------------------------
Error 4/24/2008 12:01:03 AM Service Control Manager None 7026

Error 4/24/2008 2:34:58 PM Service Control Manager None 7026 N/A OWNER-C6497BDB5

Error 4/24/2008 3:39:09 PM Service Control Manager None 7026 N/A OWNER-C6497BDB5

I hope i followed your instructions right
Thanks!

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hello again.

Those might be the errors we are looking for. However, could you please copy paste the entire error? Just the name isn't enough to diagnose the problem.

By the way, how often are these crashes happening? Do you see a pattern of errors each time it happens?

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users