Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too Bad Can't Back Up My System Partition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marwihane

marwihane

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

first everything was working fine (my partitions and my system and installed softwares) until i used acronis disk director 10

to extend and delete and format my partitions .

after doing many procedures with disk director and i installed vista again after that some software refuses to be installed and

give error message like can't create temp file or don't have permission on the disk or you don't have enough disk space , but

all these message are false i have everything ok i think.

i tried hareder to bakup my system using advanced bakup with norton ghost 12 ,14 ,active boot disk, acronis true image 10,11

but without result ,these software doesn't detect my primary partition c

when trying to backup my system partition the software freeze or quit automatically

please help i don't know what is the matter and i have no idea how i can fix this problem

Edited by marwihane, 24 April 2008 - 04:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marwihane

marwihane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

about 60 view and no reply

Posted Image

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

If you have a regular factory built computer acronis has probably hosed the hard drive and vista's and the manufactureers recovery partition and boot loader

I had to completely wipe a hard drive that a friend messed up and reinstall with a generic disk

You can call the manufacturer and possibly get recovery disks
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

Acronis Disk Director is like the old Partition Magic program. It'll do a lot of stuff together - but it's much better to do things "one at a time" and reboot in between. I haven't had any problems when I've done it this way.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users