Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Norton 360 Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Williamhvac

Williamhvac

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

I had tried to download a patch for Norton 360 then the patch would not work instaed a dialog states : Patch applied successfully! If your software is still trial maybe you need to install it before patch it.

Since I have uninstalled Norton manually and w/ a removal tool. I figure my problem lays w/ the registry, the only way to disable is to stop the service in task manager, I search all over an now it is time for me to hang my hat and ask for assistance. Please help!!!!!!

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum and added topic description~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 24 April 2008 - 01:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

I had tried to download a patch for Norton 360 then the patch would not work instaed a dialog states : Patch applied successfully! If your software is still trial maybe you need to install it before patch it.

Since I have uninstalled Norton manually and w/ a removal tool. I figure my problem lays w/ the registry, the only way to disable is to stop the service in task manager, I search all over an now it is time for me to hang my hat and ask for assistance. Please help!!!!!!

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum and added topic description~ TMacK

Hi William,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team here to assist you with Norton 360.

I am not entirely clear from your posting as to the precise nature of your problem, so if you could please respond back to the following questions, I would be happy to assist you further.

- What version of Norton 360 are you using?
- You mention "Winspooler" in the title, but did not specify any issues related to this process. Please clarify.
- When you say that you removed Norton with a tool, was it the Norton Removal Tool?
- When you say that you were trying to "download a patch," what patch was it? Also, were you running LiveUpdate when the error occurred, and if so, what was the precise error message you received?

Make sure that you do not have any other 3rd party antivirus or internet security applications installed, as they can cause conflicts with Norton 360.

I look forward to your reply so that I can assist you further in resolving the problems you are having with Norton 360

Thank you,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#3 Williamhvac

Williamhvac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

Hi Mike, thanks for replying.

I was not using Norton 360 I had been downloading a patch to obtain the norton 360 upgrade for free. I was trying to beat the system so to speak, and it nailed me in the butt.lol. My Compaq came w/ a version of Norton that which version I don't know any more because yes I did use the Norton Removal Tool(4 different ones) As far as the winspooler, I don't know why it is coming up or what its directive. I looked into Task manager all that is listed is winspooler.exe, no I was not running live update. The messege I recieved was "Patch applied successfully! If your software is still trial maybe you need to install it before patch it." It keeps coming back about every 5 minutes or so.
Just so we are clear I no longer use any version of norton or its affiliates. I currently am trying windows live one care. Ps when I close the dialog box w/ the messege, windows live one asks to clean a trojan:Win32/Agent every time I close the window.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

Bleeping Computer by our rules will not help or support pirating of any product.

Thank you Michael York for trying to help the member.

Please read out BC board rules.

This thread is Closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users