Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Excel & Passwords

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garnetwr

garnetwr

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:01 AM

I recently downloaded an Excel file (addacc.zip) from DnD Epicenter and it opened fine; however, I wanted to get in touch with the gentleman responsible for the file's creation. On the first tab of the document is a contact email address. I sent him an email asking about donations and received an "Unable to deliver" response since there is no such address.

Does anyone know of a way I can retrieve this "lost" password and open this file so I can modify it?

If you are hesitant to post this on the board, please feel free to respond privately.

Thank in advance for your assistance with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 29 March 2005 - 06:40 PM

We really cant give that info here...google is your friend though

#3 garnetwr

garnetwr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

Grinler,

I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer; however, I attempted to locate something that would help me recover this password, but everything I found stated that it was over the allotted number of 'free' characters.

Are you stating that I could purchase one of these programs in order to recover said password?

garnetwr

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:35 AM

This is a known program but may have to purchase it to get it to work properly:

http://www.elcomsoft.com/aopr.html?refprod=ae2000pr#

0 user(s) are reading this topic