Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 idunno

idunno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:52 AM

I have a video issue and I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. I have an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS installed on my Dell Inspiron E1705 notebook. Certain graphics on webpages are distorted sometimes. An example is located in the link provided below. It is a screenshot I took of the Wikipedia Main Page. The only distored parts were the words underneath the Wikipedia Globe. Whenever I get distorted graphics in IE it is only ever with black graphics and/or writiing such as in the picture. I have the most updated drivers for my video card that I could find. When I go to the Display Properties though and then under the Color Quality section, there are only two options: Medium (16 bit) and Highest (32 bit). I never really paid much attention to anything in the Display Properties except to change the screen saver, but I remember on one of my older computers there was another option under the Color Quality section that said something like "256 Colors". I don't know if the reason my video is sometimes messed up is because that isn't there, or what the reason could be at all. It's somewhat irritating though. It doesn't happen with all black and white graphics, and I don't really notice a pattern. But some times it's to where I can't read what is on the page because most of it is blacked out. As I said, I have the most recent drivers that I could find on the web, and it's still distorted. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone could give me.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/un.../screenshot.jpg

Sean

Edited by idunno, 24 April 2008 - 06:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users