Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Move windows to a bigger hard drive!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

Heres a simple way to move all you data and program to a new bigger hard drive. I myself have not tested it because i have not ran out of space "yet".
Don't fuss with backup programs. Instead, use one of these free disk utilities to move the entire contents of your old drive to the new one. I dont have all the links for all the hard drive name brands sorry! Just get the name of your hard drive and go to there homepage and do a search. Or contact them. Im sorry i cant get all the links. Here is the one i can get.
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/drivers/discwiz.html

Im sorry this is a good post and i didnt want it to be left unposted because i could not get the links. Sorry!

-Cowsgonemadd3

IBM Disk Manager 2000
Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
Maxtor MaxBlast Plus
there is the names of the tools maybe you can do a web search and find them.
Hope that helps some.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

Western Digital

IBM Disk Manager

Maxtor Max Blast

There ya go cowsgonemadd3

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

Thanks much brunt! I just could not find them. Glad you could! Now everybody can do this if they need to. :thumbsup:

#4 nchantim

nchantim

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, apart from if using Windows XP and trying to move that to a different hard drive. Believe me, I've had to do it on more than one occasion

Then you either have to reinstall Windows and ALL your programs, or use the backup method. Look at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;nl;314070

or

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/49584.html

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:54 PM