Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something's Not Right....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 chriscross50

chriscross50

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Hello, I've just stumbled across this website recently, by way of me purchasing computer items from a guy at the local flea market. He suggested 2 programs "Nod32" and "hijack this". So by way of me using hijack this, I came across this website....Anyway, I'm having computer problems on another desktop. Things it does...At the beginning, it loads up a white screen w/an hour glass in bottom left corner. It has never done this before. Then when my regular windows "blue windows XP screen" loads up, It loads up AGAIN. That's right, a second "Blue Windows XP screen" with a name in the bottom left corner. Obviously something is going on that's not right!!!!. I can access files, get on internet, and everything else, but the scenario above is not right. Please offer any assistance to help resolve..LOGFILE is below

This is what rmurphy said at the last post. I can also repost the logs if need be:
------------------------------------------------

Since the MBAM log was clean, and nothing in the HJT log is malicious, I think its safe to say that your problem isn't malware related.

I would make a thread in the Windows forum about this issue. Tell them that you've been through the malware forum, and that your copmuter is clean.

-Ryan

{MOD EDIT: Update title and move to XP ~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 23 April 2008 - 09:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

If you want your hjt post closed you need to request it?

Right now as the present rules stand you are not supposed to make any changes or take any advise from anyone else
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

Two blue screens during the same login? I don't even think that is possible. Blue screens are shown when there is some sort of STOP error (kernel panic, memory write issues, drivers issues, etc.). When a BSOD occurs it should appear on your screen and then depending on settings, will either automatically reboot or just sit there in the blue screen until you reboot.

I am not sure how you are getting two in a row without a reboot.

#4 chriscross50

chriscross50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

Let me try to clarify...
1) The first screen that appears is a "white" screen that has the Compaq logo w/the hourglass in bottom left corner.
2) Seconds later, the regular windows XP screen appears, with a name in the bottom left corner.
3) Then seconds later, another windows XP screen appears with the same name " |_| swissboy" in the bottom left hand corner.
4) Then computer starts to load programs and Icons.

Just yesterday while I was on, I had multiple screens open. Then all of a sudden, everything minimized on it's own, and it asked me to download some sort of virus protection. Obviously, I clicked cancel, then had to closed it.....Then all of a sudden It started downloading on it's own, so i QUICKLY PULLED THE PLUG; and haven't been on it since.

Hope that helps more.....

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

I advise you to post a log using these instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Something sounds strange and it is hard to diagnose this without a deeper look into your computers config.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Hello chriscross50,

I see you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.
I have merged the DSS Log you had posted in this topic, with your original HijackThis Log.
You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users