Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online, Can't Get Internet Explorer 7 To Connect.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 judda

judda

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hello everyone,

My wifes laptop has Vista Home Premium installed, Wireless and was running A OK, until this last week or two, Now when she tries to go Online, using Internet Explorer 7, She gets the message, : Internet Explorer cannot show the page:

I have tried what I can to help, with little success, I even tried System Restore, a few times, only for to get a message, that System Restore couldn't restore the laptop to an earlier date Etc,. etc,.

One time ZoneAlarm came on and said it wanted to install an update, which I clicked on OK to do, and it actually got Online and Updated itself. ???

I have tried Resetting Internet Explorer, to no avail, is there anything I can try to help her.

Everything on the laptop says it is Online, my computer tells me the wirless connection is excellent.

Occasionally she will start up the laptop and can get into her E-mails etc., but only very occasionally.

We are both at our wits end with it.

Thanks in advance, for any help that may be forthcoming.

Judda.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

Make sure ZoneAlarm or another application such as your antivirus or antispyware isn't blocking the connection.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

Here's some things you could try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

Edited by Bartster, 23 April 2008 - 03:39 PM.

#4 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:43 AM

Hello Jacee,

My wife only has the free ZoneAlarm on, so I quit that, and went into google and her emails, without a problem, I have windows Firewall installed for her, for now.

Thank you so much, my wife has only had the laptop for a few months, (after much harrassing from me <s>) she says you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Bartster I have kept the link you sent me, I will inwardly digest what is written there, and hopefully be able to look after my wifes laptop better. Thank you so much.

Judda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users