Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iexplore.exe Error Am I Hi-jacked

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hello all,

I was reading a tutorial about hi-jacking, spyware and malware. Any way one of the cases it gave me was browser crashing and well I keep getting a Application Error that looks like this:
:thumbsup:
iexplore.exe - Application Error
the instruction at 0x0178137b refrenced memory at 0x0178137b. The memory could no be read. click on ok to terminate the program.

Now I am not sure if that is whats going on or not? It says to run spyblaster in the tutorial but I already am. The only thing is I am using IE6, it says I am protected but it would be better if I was running fox. I also have a COMODO firewall up and I am running AVAST, SUPER-Antispyware, Spyware Terminator, and a AVG-ROOTKIT. I am not catching anything with my software except on my AVAST which keeps giving me some errors when I run the scan but not when I run a boot scan. They say unable to read curpt file. But the thing is some of those files are part of the qurintines of my anitspyware. Im not quite sure if there is a conflict with some curpt files and my browser or if I am being hi-jacked. If anyone has some opintions or a thought on the subject please feel free to post. I need the help! Also I am going to run a scan and post back exactly what avast is comeing up with.

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

fully update superantispyware reboot in to computers safe mode and run a full system scan from the desktop icon and post back the report/log it generates for folks to see what might be going on?

also cannot harm to run asquared too

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

its exe is http://download6.emsisoft.com/a2FreeSetup.exe

fully update its definitions; reboot too into safe mode and run a full deep scan ; post back the report it too will generate; see if either of them flags up anything ?

#3 romeo1790305

romeo1790305

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

:thumbsup:

fully update superantispyware reboot in to computers safe mode and run a full system scan from the desktop icon and post back the report/log it generates for folks to see what might be going on?

also cannot harm to run asquared too

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

its exe is http://download6.emsisoft.com/a2FreeSetup.exe

fully update its definitions; reboot too into safe mode and run a full deep scan ; post back the report it too will generate; see if either of them flags up anything ?

well you could have some sorta conflict i no its ok to run to spyware scanners aand you running internet explorer 6 and comodo fiurewall with all of the rest well you might have malware or some sort of nasties or a software problem and ure using comodo firewall thats been reported buggy and sometimes it cauise a problem so heres what you should do go in to internet options in ie6 clear you history cookies and temporary internet files and then see what happen sometimes i get that to and thats what microsoft sayed do when this happens then reboot your pc and watch to see it erases the cache built up on your hard drive

#4 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

I always remove my cookies and history and temp files everytime I get off the net.

I updated everything and went into safemode and ran my SUPERantispyware and came up with nothing. Then I ran my Avast and came up with this:

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT6.temp\mrt.exe CAB archive currupted
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT6.temp\_sfx_0000._p CAB archive currupted
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT6.temp\_sfx_0001._p Reached end of file
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT4D.temp\_sfx_0007._p CAB archive currupted
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ a long as number \BIT4D.temp\_sfx_0010._p Reached end of file

C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.chm\msoe.hhk CHM archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.chm\#WINDOWS CHM archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.chm CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.hlp CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe50.inf CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\msoe.txt CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\aleabanr.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\amaizrul.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\anabnr2.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\aswrule.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\blank.htm CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\blankbkg.gif CAB archive currupted
C:\WORKSSETUP\MSWORKS\REDIST\IE6\TEMPFILE.CAB\btzhsepa.gif CAB archive currupted

What is all this stuff? It is makeing my scan run alot longer than what it usally does to. Got any ideas anyone?

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:32 AM

are you running superantispyware in computer's safe mode and on a COMPLETE computer scan?

did asquared flag up ANYTHING?
my other thought was to see if an uninstalling ,rebbot computer and a complete reinstallation of the Avast antivirus program from a fresh exe might shed some light? have you tried that yet?

from where did you get the avast exe?

and just 'in passing' , what is your windows version and from where obtained?

#6 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

I was in safe mode and I ran a complete scan both with SUPERAntispyware and Avast. I am running windows XP and I just had the OS reloaded about a 3 weeks ago and this just started to happen. Would a windows update cause a conflict? I got the Avast from there website about 3 weeks ago. I did not run asquard yet, I am planning on downloading it soon. I am also having a conflict with something else that I think might be related. I posted it on another page but if you want to take a look it is at:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143398/tcpview-sysinternal/

Do you think I should reload my Avast for sure then and what do think about the link?

swaMprUnner

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

may one ask who or how the OS was reinstalled and was it using a legit cd ? after reinstallation did you manage to validate the OS with microsoft site and get the SP2 installed?

if you are only looking at a three week span you COULD try a system restore to the reinstalation date?

and yes, windows updates have been known to cause problems...unfortunately.....however , one, I think, needs to be assured that the windows OS has had validation FROM microsoft?

#8 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

I got it off my dad who got it from the network admin from where he worked. Every two years they get new computers and they have to get rid off the old ones so he got me a smokin deal. He wiped it all out and reloaded it from a cd as far as I know. But I will have my dad call him up and check. Ya I was thinking about the whole restore thing to. But I have never done it. To my understanding you dont loose your software you loaded into your computer right, just the basic hard files that run the thing. Is that correct? Also did you look at that link I posted? Hey are you getting some VABRANT ads poping up? I keep getting them so I looked it up and its like bleepins got them built into the site. Do you know anything about this and how I can disable them?

swaMprUnner

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

from what you have said, my suggestion to you would be to firstly find out exactly what HAS been installed on the computer OS wise as, if it is from a cd that has been used on another computer..unless you have a license key specific for that computer

He wiped it all out and reloaded it from a cd as far as I know

I suggest you need to find out about that and what he DID load?

it may well be that you do not actually have a legit version of Windows on the computer............ :thumbsup:

#10 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

I will find out about that. Would that be bad? I was also thinking of mabye changeing my OS Linix do you think that would be a bad move?

swaMprUnner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users