Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1402 Tells Me I Do Not Have The Access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

[email="montana1680@embarqmail.com"]undefined[/email] Hi Folks ! My Computer is running Windows XP Home SP2.I keep getting this error when trying to download a program.Spamfighter, for example.It says " Error 1402 HKEY_LOCAL_\Machine\Local\CurrentVersion\Run .That's very,very, close to what it says. Current Verion/Run,you are unable to access the key,you do not have correct authorization/permissions.Contact support if needed.Can anybody tell me how to correct this problem ? ( 2) Everytime I try to install Embarq/Sprint Virtual Assistant I keep getting the same dang message.Virtual Assistant is already installed on your Computer.Please click o.k. to exit the set up.Tjis happens despite me removiny any Virtual Assistant componets left including:program files,Desktop,Under window,My documents and setting.Even doing a searcf for all VAEasyInstaller files.Virtual Assistant .exe files.zip files,recycle bin.You name it Funny once the download starts off the Embarq High speed Internet support page,it will run about 2-3 minutes at max when I get this popup notification. aboyt error 1402 etc.,ALSO it DOES download to program files because it is copying new files when this happens.But it never runs long enough to show in my add/remove programs or either there is a remant of the old Vitrual Assistant somewhere.Only GOD knows I think.It's been awefully frustrating.Can somebody help ? Computer is the same I mentioned earlier.Oh I could pull my hair out ! Thanks in advance guys.Sincerely,Heartbeat85 (Dennis) By the way I am using I.E. 7.0.I was running Fire fox.I removed it temporarily.Alao I downloaded the Java Virtual Assitant/Machine I was advised to by Microsoft and Embarq.Thanks,HB85

Edited by Heartbeat85, 23 April 2008 - 12:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:28 PM

thsi thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144965/error-1402-i-cannot-open-a-needed-registry-key/

relates to this too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users