Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Shuts Down Randomly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pauze

Pauze

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:15 AM

I have a dell 22' WFTP monitor, and today I had a circuit breaker overload which resulted in my system shutting down illegally, But when I restarted there was no error? It just booted normally, But now my monitor shuts down, like I have changed the power settings options to enable shutdown (which are set to never shut down) In the power options properties, power schemes, there is nothing to select from?? and further on down the window it has "turn off monitor" and "turn off hard disks" but they are greyed out now and I don't have the option to select anything anymore!!!! I assume the default setting is to shut down the monitor after X amount of time but I can't change it now? can anyone please help??/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

Do you have a XP CD? If so, run SFC scannow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Pauze

Pauze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:41 AM

I tried to run SFC but it has not resolved the issue, The panels are still greyed out, I think the timer must be set to default at 20min? It had me worried the first time, If I use restore, I lose my subscription to my antivirus? Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users