Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change windows startup splash screen in 98 and ME

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:39 AM

Here is a neat way to change that old bla splash screen that pops up every time you load windows 98 or ME.Using Microsoft Paint or another graphics program, create an image that is exactly 320 pixels wide and 400 pixels high. Save it in 256-color Bitmap format in the C:\ folder, using the name LOGO.SYS. Windows will use this graphic in place of the Windows logo until you change or delete the file. If you aint a good drawer you can get pre drawed ones at sites that have windows wallpapers and themes. I think you can also place a pic in the paint and load that instead of a drawing????........ You might even can use existing wallpapers? I have not tried it i have windows XP.
Hope you all like!

-Cowsgonemadd3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users