Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicker Formatting Of Graphs In Excel 2007

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jazzman831

jazzman831

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:20 PM

Alright, I made the transition to Office 2007 at the beginning of this semester, and for the most part I've gotten my game back. I was really efficient and skilled in 2003 and, well, any high-skilled users know what happens when you initially switch :thumbsup:

Anyways, I've figured everything out but graphs. Say I make a graph, and the y-axis data ranges from 50-200. By default Excel will scale the y-axis to zero. In 2003 if I wanted to change axis properties I could double click, then the properties would be right there. Now in 2007 I seem to have two options: right click > (all the way at bottom) axis properties, or Format > little arrow thingy > Vertical axis (oh my the laymen-ness of that one made me cry a little the first time I saw it) > Format selection. Oh and if I go this second way, every time I click away from the graph and click back I have to click on "format" again, despite all of Excel's smartness.

Is there a faster way to do this? I know it sounds silly, but right click > format axis is seriously slowing down my productivity. Add to that that once I finally get to the freaking dialogue box I can't just type in a new minimum value, I have to check the box THEN I'm allowed to change my axis.
here =/= hear
their =/= there =/= they're
quiet =/= quite
Newegg commenters can't speel! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jazzman831

jazzman831
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

I'm guessing nobody knows how to do this, and based on my findings in the other Excel 2007 thread, MS probably removed this feature for no apparent reason. Why they would go to the trouble of *removing* a useful feature I'll never understand, especially when they didn't replace it with anything you couldn't already do.
here =/= hear
their =/= there =/= they're
quiet =/= quite
Newegg commenters can't speel! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users