Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Drivers For Nvidia 7600 Gt?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 I.M. Clueless

I.M. Clueless

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

I just got a new video card, as I have an AGP slot my options were somewhat limited. What I want to know is what are the best working (stable, but fastest) drivers available for this board? I tried the latest 169.21 but they were completely unstable. Currently I am running 94.24 drivers which came with the card. these drivers are rock solid, but if I can eke out a bit more with later drivers I am willing to try it.

Its an evga 7600 gt board with 512 mb of ddr2 ram, overclocked from the factory to 580 mhz core with 400 mhz ram(not overclocked of course)

any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:20 AM

I have a 7300GT and use the drivers that came with it, they work great, so far. But I also have Powerstrip, that is a free program you can use to tweak and overclock your card. I've only overclocked a little, I don't want to ruin anything, but you can do more if you like... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

As long as you can play your games fine. Without many problem's you shouldn't need to update your drivers. The updates are mostly for the newest cards as it takes a few months to fix everything for them and pull everything out of a card. ( especially for SLI )

You should also be able to read the release notes for each driver, they'll say what bugs were fixed and any performance improvements.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 I.M. Clueless

I.M. Clueless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

Thanks guys. after trying the 169.21 drivers which caused major issues, I went back to the 94.24 drivers and have been happy ever since.

I forgot, I used Ntune to overclock the card with the program and it works. However, with my small hot case and this new power supply that overheats all too easily(one fan and its very quiet), it was getting too hot, so Im back down to factory clocks. Even though it made a large difference in 3dmark05 from 5042 marks when overclocked to 4322 marks when factory clocked, the total stability is worth the performance loss.

Edited by I.M. Clueless, 11 May 2008 - 08:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users