Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont Start Help Please =[

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jennyng92

jennyng92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

There's something wrong with my computer, it keeps freezing at the black windows page that has a loading bar at the bottom [ it freezes at the bar ] . it happened many times before, and i inserted the window xp cd and used the recovery console to format C:, then installed a new window. however, while i was installing, the setup keeps restarting and simply worked after it restarted about 5 times. the computer was working fine again, until today when it show that window update and that it needs to restart the computer. when i restart the computer, it wont open up and just freezes at the window page. i tried leaving the computer off for 3 hours and unplugged all wires, hoping that it'll reset, but it didnt help. what should i do now? should i just format the C: and install windows again? whats making this problem anyways? thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

Try running chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jennyng92

jennyng92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Try running chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console.

i tried that, didnt work, still frozen =/ "chkdsk /p"

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Maybe you should try running a diagnostic on the hard drive. What's the make and model of your computer?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 jennyng92

jennyng92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

its an emachines T3101 desktop

#6 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

download memtest
copy/burn to cd
start your computer with cd in
let memtest run for several passes

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/memtest.html

it should help determine if its your memory(RAM)

Edited by mme, 23 April 2008 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users