Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Format 11 Runtime Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 r0ssc0vich

r0ssc0vich

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

hi everyone.

i am running windows xp media centre edition 2005 on a toshiba qosmio f20.

recently bought an xbox 360 and started using the file sharing functionality of media centre.

couldn't play xvid / divx encoded media so decided to upgrade to media player 11 which encodes the media on the fly and includes the file sharing functionality required to work with xbox 360.

unfortunately, media player 11 uses windows media format runtime 11 which seems to cause the repetive message 'media centre receiver services has encountered a problem and needs to close.....' to appear on screen every 10 secs.

i uninstalled wmp11 and the runtime environment that came with it and all went back to normal, except i couldn't share xvid/divx with xbox.

tried using zune too but this also uses media format 11 which brough the annoying error message back.

can anyone tell me how i can use wmp11 without getting this error message? i can't understand why it's happening.

alternatively, is there another media player that doesn't use media format runtime 11 but will allow me to share my xvid / divx with my 360?

thanks guys... this driving me potty i'm totally wet behind the ears with this stuff.

R0ssc0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 r0ssc0vich

r0ssc0vich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

the repetitive message :

Media Center Receiver Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

has started appearing even though i have no windows media player 11 software on mymachine!! arrgh.

the error signature gives :

szAppName : ehrecvr.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2715.2773 szModName : unknown
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 23c91bd9

and the technical info from the error report reads :

C:\DOCUME~1\Ross\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd722.dir00\ehrecvr.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Ross\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd722.dir00\appcompat.txt

please help, this is driving me potty.

Rossco

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

Well...it doesn't appear to me that it's strictly related to WMP at all...rather XP Media Center, http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/Services/M...ver_Service.htm

Do you have that installed?

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/ehrecvr

Louis

#4 r0ssc0vich

r0ssc0vich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:57 AM

i don;t thinkso, last night i deleted al the ehrecer.exe files i could find on my computer in desperation. this probably isn't the best solution huh!! i was driving me mad tough, seems toh= have worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users