Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Is Dim At Splash Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hasledash

Hasledash

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

I'm sure yall read this all the time. I'm not sure this right place for this, but I'm not sure if this a software, hardware, or OS issue.

Little System info:

AMD 64 X2 3800+ CPU
6800 GS OC Nvidia Vid card PCI-e x16
MS-7185 , K8N SLI motherboard
2 GB DDR Ram
N19S Hyundai monitor

I have had this problem for a long time and just been living with it but would like to get it resolved. When ever i start up my computer, Windows XP Pro, the LCD screen will be very very dim at the splash screen. It will sit there from 30seconds to 5 minutes then the screen will brighten up and continue on in to windows.
Here are some odd things I have found: if I hit the "F9" key, kinda like you would the "F8" key for safe mode, the splash screen comes up fine and boots to windows. If I press the "F8" key and get to the boot option screen and select normal boot the system boots without issue. If I use a different monitor it boots without issue. This last thing made me think monitor issue but I can't resolve the issue, since the monitor doesn't do this on another system. :thumbsup: So I'm completely stumped.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hasledash

Hasledash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:46 AM

No one has any ideas?

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

F9 is non-functional with Windows. Look in your motherboard manual to see if it serves any purpose with the BIOS. Other than that all I can suggest is check for bent pins in the monitor cable and make sure the connection is secure
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users